The White March, an expansion for Pillars of Eternity was released today on Steam, GOG, and Origin. Already there are positive reviews rolling in echoing the feelings of the original release reviews. Developers Obsidian Entertainment, known best for their string of sequels such as Fallout: New Vegas and South Park: The Stick of Truth, added many new features and couple interesting characters. From today’s obsidian.net forum post - Brandon Adler, Lead Producer:
For those of you that may not know a lot about our expansion, let me talk about some of the details and highlights:
• The White March - Part I takes place in the harsh, frozen frontiers north of the Dyrwood. Word of Durgan's Battery and its buried treasures (including Durgan's Steel) has made its way back to the Watcher of Caed Nua.
• We have two new companions in the expansion:
Zahua, a scarred, drug-addicted monk who thinks pain is the true path to enlightenment.
The Devil of Caroc, a construct with the soul of a murderer infused inside.
• The expansion adds in a special class of items called soulbound weapons. These weapons have powerful (and unique) enchantments that become more powerful as their wielder levels up.
• You can now set your companions to use AI so you don't have to spend as much time managing their actions. Each class has special AI packages that are unique to those classes and we will be added in additional AI packages in the future. The AI for enemies has also been improved.
• Party members can now go into individual stealth. This allows some part members to be stealthed while other members are not. This is particularly useful in positioning party members for upcoming battles or sneaking by small groups of enemies.
• You may now retrain your party members to modify their attributes, skills, and abilities. Now you can try out new builds quickly and easily.
If you like RPGs and haven’t given this one a try yet, there is a deal on Steam for the game and all DLC until August 28th.