Gamer Dating Data Protection and Privacy Notice Your personal information is held by Gamer Dating Limited. The personal information that you include within your profile is available to other users of www.gamerdating.com.
If you send a message through our service, the personal information contained within that message will be shared with the recipient of that message. All other personal information that we process is kept confidential on our secure database.
We will use your personal information to provide you with our services (including approving your profile and photograph(s), communicating with you regarding your membership and responding to complaints), for administration and accounting, for marketing and to ensure that the content and services that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests. We will store your personal information for so long as you are a registered user.
After you cease to be a registered user we will keep your personal information on our records for a period of one year to enable us to respond to any queries or complaints that you may have. After this time we may continue to store your personal information, however such personal information shall only be processed where necessary for legal reasons (for example we will need to keep your billing information for 7 years in accordance with HM Revenue and Customs rules) or we have reason to believe that the processing may (i) assist with the detection and/or prevention of crime; and/or (ii) protect your safety or that of a third party.
By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your sensitive personal information, such as your sexual orientation, for the above purposes. We may pass your personal information to third parties who will provide certain elements of our services on our behalf, however all such third parties will be bound to provide at least the same level of protection for your personal information as we provide. Such third parties may be located in countries or jurisdictions that do not provide the same level of data protection as is provided in the United Kingdom. You consent to our transferring your personal information to countries or jurisdictions that do not provide the same level of data protection as is provided in the United Kingdom.
In the event that you (whether on your own behalf or on behalf of someone else) choose to pay for our services you will be required to provide your name, address and card details, which will be passed immediately to our payment provider via a secure link. Your card details are not retained on our database. We will keep your name and address confidential on our secure database and process these in accordance with this Data Protection and Privacy Notice.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used. We only hold such personal information about you as you have provided to us and we update this personal information within 10 working days of any new personal information being provided to us, to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
We link to a variety of other sites and we display advertisements from third parties on our site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these sites or advertisers, nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected.
For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
Please note that when you visit our site, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. We will keep these records for up to 2 years. If your personal details change, please log in to www.gamerdating.com and update your details in the 'my profile' or 'my details' section.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact our Customer Services Department: GamerDating Ltd, Corpnex, 10 Fenchurch Avenue, EC3M 5BN London, , UK gamerdating® and (gamerdating logo hyperlink trademarked) are trade marks proprietary to Gamer Dating Limited. All rights reserved.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Although this is stated as European users only, all users on GamerDating are given the same privacy privileges as those inside the European Union.
Although this is stated as European users only, all users on GamerDating are given the same privacy privileges as those inside the European Union.
- organizing it into the sections listed in the Table of Contents below,
- providing a series of examples that help illustrate how the policies may be implemented by GamerDating and
- defining and capitalizing a few terms that are used more than once for simplicity and brevity.
When we refer to “GamerDating”, we mean the GamerDating Ltd entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the “Identifying the Data Controller and Processor” section below.
Table of contents:
- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use Information
- Data Retention
- How We Share and Disclose Information
- Age Limitations
- International Data Transfers: Privacy Shield and Contractual Terms
- Data Protection Officer
- Identifying the Data Controller and Processor
- Your Rights
- Data Protection Authority
- Contacting GamerDating
If you have an account, you can check http://www.GamerDating.com/contact for contact information and a form to get in touch with us that way.
Information We Collect and Receive
GamerDating may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to GamerDating by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to GamerDating when using the Services.
- Other Information. GamerDating also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional
information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle,
interests and other details about you, as well as content such as
photos and videos and video games libraries. To add certain content,
like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or
photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be
considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for
example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and
religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you
consent to our processing of that information.
- We use this information to provide you via our search and matchmaking algorithms quality matches and search results based on all of the above.
- If you would like a freedom of information request for exactly how you are being matched with someone, you may make one to our dedicated privacy officer as listed herein – This does not give you the right to company secrets or privileged business information, only an overview of how our system works.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
We also process your chats with other users as well as the content
you publish, as part of the operation of the services. We monitor
public profiles and actively remove any external links to
- External chat services which people could and have used to run phishing scams, this includes but is not limited to discord, steam, other external websites
- External websites who have and may be trying to advertise their illegal services through GamerDating in violation of Can Spam laws
- External email addresses which people could and have used to run phishing scams, virus delivery, spam marketing campaigns.
- External social media links which people could and have used to run MLM campaigns, phishing scams, virus delivery, spam marketing campaigns and attempting to breach your privacy rights.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users date. For example, GamerDating logs the Pages, channels, people, features, content and links you interact with, the types of files shared and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. GamerDating collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location to help you better find matches and match you with your appropriate currency for our packages. We may, for example, use a residential address approximation by you, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate but never your exact location. GamerDating may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for their dating experience. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services like Facebook social login, and you can permit your device to enable and disable these integrations for their experience. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with GamerDating. For example, if Facebook is enabled to permit your email address to be used as a login for a user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to GamerDating to facilitate the login. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to GamerDating. GamerDating uses best practice to minimise the importing of data from third party services and we active use a minimal data collection scheme when doing so, as we only ever require your email and username in order to log you in and verify it is you. When a Third Party Service is enabled, GamerDating is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to GamerDating in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
- Third Party Data. GamerDating may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to GamerDating. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with GamerDating.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by GamerDating in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. GamerDating is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to message other users and configure settings, access, modify, and remove Customer Data.
GamerDating uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, GamerDating uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. GamerDating tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Searches and Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of match dating ratings, suitability or proximity to an Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about GamerDating. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them in your account settings.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. GamerDating may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
- What are cookies? Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device’s memory. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services.
- Are there different types of cookies? First-party and third-party cookies There are first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by us. For example, we use first-party cookies to adapt our website to your browser’s language preferences and to better understand your use of our website. Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our partners and service providers. For example, we use third-party cookies to measure user numbers on our website, to enable you to login to our platform via Facebook if you wish, and anonymously enabling us to enable you to share content with others across social media platforms. Session and persistent cookies There are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only last until you close your browser. We use session cookies for a variety of reasons, including to learn more about your use of our website during one single browser session and to help you to use our website more efficiently. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren't automatically deleted when you close your browser. These types of cookies are primarily used to help you quickly sign-in to our website again and for analytical purposes.
- Essential website cookies These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Analytics cookies These cookies help us understand how our website is being used, how effective marketing campaigns are, and help us customize and improve our websites for you. We mainly use Google Analytics for this, and these record anonymous data on what you’re doing so we can improve the service (for example, if a webpage is loading very slowly, we can see some users are just leaving because it’s a clear frustration to them, so we can make changes to the service to make it better for you, but this is just one example).
- Social networking cookies These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our website through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too. The only cookie we use for this is Facebook social login.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how GamerDating may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and GamerDating does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. GamerDating will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Profiles. For example, an Authorized User’s date of birth may be displayed with their profile.
- Communication with Others. The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users looking to find friendships and relationships to communicate, such as shared contact information. Other Information, such as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be shared.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, the ability for us to read flagged abusive messages, or accessing or modifying your profile details should they be against the GamerDating Terms and Conditions.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services. These services include www.tune.com to provide our partners with Affiliate tracking and partner services. Also www.cloudinary.com whom we use as a virtual content delivery service to deliver encrypted images to customers from a local datacentre to enable faster load speeds on our media heavy website and finally www.amazon.com with whom we have our dedicated encrypted servers based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Third Party Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services such as Facebook Social Login. When enabled, GamerDating may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by GamerDating and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates. GamerDating may share Other Information but never Personal Data information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to GamerDating’s Business. If GamerDating engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of GamerDating’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective GamerDating customer the average amount of time spent on the platform.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. GamerDating enforces the highest form of privacy protection for its users and, where necessary, will protect user data over the demands of governmental organizations unless pressed to do so with a genuine warrant presented by a judge, and only after being summoned to trial and pressed to do so. GamerDating will in no circumstances ever reveal customer Private Data to law enforcement within any extra judicial territory without the explicit format as outlined above or as perturbs to English and Welsh common law in an International Court in England and Wales. No extrajudicial demand outside of England and Wales will be enforced without the explicit warrant of a judge from England and Wales being presented to the directors.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of GamerDating or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. GamerDating may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so by you only.
GamerDating takes security of data very seriously. GamerDating works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. GamerDating has received internationally from the Information Commissions office in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA290992 (as a private controller of personal data). Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, GamerDating cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, GamerDating does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 18 years old and in some states 21. If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will takes steps to delete such information.
International Data Transfer And Contractual Terms
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email alex@GamerDating.com.
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, GamerDating is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information. GamerDating Limited, a British company based in London, England, is the controller and processor of Other Information and a processor of Customer Data relating to Authorized Users.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact email@example.com for additional access and assistance. Please check https://www.gamerdating.com/account/settings for Customer contact information.
To the extent that GamerDating’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, GamerDating relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. GamerDating may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to GamerDating’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict GamerDating’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the British Data Protection Commissioner, which is GamerDating’s lead supervisory authority in the European Union. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510