Although this is stated as European users only, all users on GamerDating are given the same privacy privileges as those inside the European Union.
Policy describes how GamerDating collects, uses and discloses information, and
what choices you have with respect to the information.
Although this is stated as European users only, all users on GamerDating are given the same privacy privileges as those inside the European Union.
Updates in this
- organizing it
into the sections listed in the Table of Contents below,
- providing a
series of examples that help illustrate how the policies may be
implemented by GamerDating and
- defining and
capitalizing a few terms that are used more than once for simplicity and
When we refer to “GamerDating”,
we mean the GamerDating Ltd entity that acts as the controller or processor of
your information, as explained in more detail in the “Identifying the Data
Controller and Processor” section below.
Table of Contents:
We Collect and Receive
We Use Information
We Share and Disclose Information
Data Transfers: Privacy Shield and Contractual Terms
the Data Controller and Processor
Policy applies to GamerDating’s online dating tools and platform, including the
associated GamerDating mobile and desktop applications (collectively, the “Services”),
GamerDating.com and other GamerDating websites (collectively, the “Websites”)
and other interactions (e.g., customer service inquiries, user conferences,
etc.) you may have with GamerDating. If you do not agree with the terms, do not
access or use the Services, Websites or any other aspect of GamerDating’s
Policy does not apply to any third party applications or software that
integrate with the Services through the GamerDating platform (“Third Party
Services”), or any other third party products, services or businesses. In
addition, a separate agreement governs delivery, access and use of the Services
(the “Customer Agreement”), including the processing of any messages,
files or other content submitted through Services accounts (collectively, “Customer
Data”). If you have any questions about specific GamerDating settings and
privacy practices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who is
our dedicated Privacy Officer.
If you have an account, you can check http:// www.GamerDating.com/contact
for contact information and a form to get in touch with us that way.
Collect And Receive
collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”)
in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data.
Customers or individuals granted access to GamerDating by a Customer (“Authorized
Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to GamerDating when using the
Information. GamerDating also collects, generates
and/or receives Other Information:
- Dating and
Account Information. To create or update a GamerDating account, you
supply GamerDating with an email address, phone number, password, and/or
similar account details either using an email address or through using
one of any of the social logins (Facebook, Steam, Twitch, etc) in which
case those Third Party entities are responsible for keeping your details
safe. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services
provide GamerDating (or its payment processors) with billing details such
as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
GamerDating does not hold information containing your banking details on
any of our Data Centres or Servers, and instead uses Stripe
securely hold and process any data that is passed to us via SSH Encrypted
channels. A popular and secure online payment gateway. You can find
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos and video games libraries. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- We use this information to provide you via our search and matchmaking algorithms quality matches and search results based on all of the above.
- If you would like a freedom of information request for exactly how you are being matched with someone, you may make one to our dedicated privacy officer as listed herein – This does not give you the right to company secrets or privileged business information, only an overview of how our system works.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- We also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services. We monitor public profiles and actively remove any external links to
- External chat services which people could and have used to run phishing scams, this includes but is not limited to discord, steam, other external websites
- External websites who have and may be trying to advertise their illegal services through GamerDating in violation of Can Spam laws
- External email addresses which people could and have used to run phishing scams, virus delivery, spam marketing campaigns.
- External social media links which people could and have used to run MLM campaigns, phishing scams, virus delivery, spam marketing campaigns and attempting to breach your privacy rights.
Websites and Services that help us collect Other Information. The
Websites and Services may also include cookies and similar tracking
technologies of third parties, which may collect Other Information about
you via the Websites and Services and across other websites and online
Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the
Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about
the way Authorized Users date. For example, GamerDating logs the Pages,
channels, people, features, content and links you interact with, the
types of files shared and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data.
As with most websites and technology services delivered over the
Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access
or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log
data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the
web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and
settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about
browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
information. GamerDating collects information
about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what
operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique
device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of
this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its
information. We receive information from you,
and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location to help
you better find matches and match you with your appropriate currency for
our packages. We may, for example, use a residential address approximation
by you, or an IP address received from your browser or device to
determine approximate but never your exact location. GamerDating
may also collect location information from devices in accordance with
the consent process provided by your device.
Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services
for their dating experience. Typically, Third Party Services are software
that integrate with our Services like Facebook social login, and you can
permit your device to enable and disable these integrations for their experience.
Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain
information with GamerDating. For example, if Facebook is enabled to
permit your email address to be used as a login for a user name and email
address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the
application has elected to make available to GamerDating to facilitate
the login. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices
in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to
GamerDating. GamerDating uses best practice to minimise the importing of
data from third party services and we active use a minimal data
collection scheme when doing so, as we only ever require your email and
username in order to log you in and verify it is you. When a Third Party
Service is enabled, GamerDating is authorized to connect and access Other
Information made available to GamerDating in accordance with our
agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or
store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting
them to the Services.
Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your
device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import
(such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the
Data. GamerDating may receive data about organizations, industries,
Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business
from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or
others that we use to make our own information better or more useful.
This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might
include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to
zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how
well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Information Provided to GamerDating. We receive Other Information when
submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group,
contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact
with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with GamerDating.
Generally, no one
is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or
Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain
Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as
Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use
Customer Data will
be used by GamerDating in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including
any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services
functionality, and as required by applicable law. GamerDating is a processor of
Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use
the Services to message other users and configure settings, access, modify, and
remove Customer Data.
Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our
Services, Websites and business. More specifically, GamerDating uses Other
- To provide,
update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business.
This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services
under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or
technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities
or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required
by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and
questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other
Information to respond.
- To develop
and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional
features. GamerDating tries to make the Services as useful
as possible for specific Searches and Users. For example, we may improve
search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank
the relevance of match dating ratings, suitability or proximity to an
Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and
predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to
customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and
- To send
emails and other communications. We may send
you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other
types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about
changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important
Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These
communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out
of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features,
promotional communications or other news about GamerDating. These are
marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them in your
- For billing,
account management and other administrative matters. GamerDating
may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons
and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing
investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
If Information is
aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an
identified or identifiable natural person, GamerDating may use it for any
business purpose. To the extent Information is associated with an identified or
identifiable natural person and is protected as personal data under applicable
retain Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including
any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services
functionality, and as required by applicable law. Depending on the Services
plan, Customer may be able to customize its retention settings and apply those
customized settings. Customer may also apply different settings to messages,
files or other types of Customer Data. The deletion of Customer Data and other
use of the Services by Customer may result in the deletion and/or
de-identification of certain associated Other Information. GamerDating may
retain Other Information pertaining to you for as long as necessary for the
Information after you have deactivated your account for the period of time
needed for GamerDating to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits,
comply with (and demonstrate compliance with) legal obligations, resolve
disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Introduction GamerDating is committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to provide trustworthy, services so that you can focus on building gaming connections. Our approach to privacy is to provide you with clear information about our data practices. That’s why we've tried to keep legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
- What are cookies? Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device’s memory. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services.
- Are there different types of cookies? First-party and third-party cookies
There are first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by us. For example, we use first-party cookies to adapt our website to your browser’s language preferences and to better understand your use of our website. Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our partners and service providers. For example, we use third-party cookies to measure user numbers on our website, to enable you to login to our platform via Facebook if you wish, and anonymously enabling us to enable you to share content with others across social media platforms.
Session and persistent cookies
There are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only last until you close your browser. We use session cookies for a variety of reasons, including to learn more about your use of our website during one single browser session and to help you to use our website more efficiently. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren't automatically deleted when you close your browser. These types of cookies are primarily used to help you quickly sign-in to our website again and for analytical purposes.
- What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons? Other technologies such as web beacons (also calls pixel tags or clear gifs), tracking URLs or software development kits (SDKs) are used for similar purposes. Web beacons are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our service or opened an e-mail that we have sent them. Tracking URLs are custom generated links that help us understand where the traffic to our webpages comes from. SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons.
When you visit our website, some or all of the following types of cookies may be set on your device.
- Essential website cookies These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Analytics cookies These cookies help us understand how our website is being used, how effective marketing campaigns are, and help us customize and improve our websites for you. We mainly use Google Analytics for this, and these record anonymous data on what you’re doing so we can improve the service (for example, if a webpage is loading very slowly, we can see some users are just leaving because it’s a clear frustration to them, so we can make changes to the service to make it better for you, but this is just one example).
- Social networking cookies These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our website through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too. The only cookie we use for this is Facebook social login.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Facebook Social Login To allow you login via Facebook if you wish, some features of this website use social media plug-ins (e.g., Twitter™ “Share to Twitter” or Facebook™ “Login” buttons). Depending on your Facebook account settings, we automatically receive information from the Facebook platform when you use the corresponding button on our website.
How We Share And
describes how GamerDating may share and disclose Information. Customers
determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of
Information, and GamerDating does not control how they or any other third
parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. GamerDating
will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a
Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer
Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance
with applicable law and legal process.
the Services. When an Authorized User submits
Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the
same or connected Profiles. For example, an Authorized User’s date of
birth may be displayed with their profile.
with Others. The Services provide different ways
for Authorized Users looking to find friendships and relationships to
communicate, such as shared contact information. Other Information, such
as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be shared.
Access. Owners, administrators and other Customer
representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict
access to Other Information. This may include, for example, the ability
for us to read flagged abusive messages, or accessing or modifying your
profile details should they be against the GamerDating Terms and
- Third Party
Service Providers and Partners. We may
engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or
business partners to process Other Information and support our business.
These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and
storage services. These services include www.tune.com
to provide our partners with Affiliate tracking and partner services. Also
whom we use as a virtual content delivery service to deliver encrypted
images to customers from a local datacentre to enable faster load speeds
on our media heavy website and finally www.amazon.com with whom we
have our dedicated encrypted servers based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Third Party
Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users
to enable Third Party Services such as Facebook Social Login. When
enabled, GamerDating may share Other Information with Third Party
Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by GamerDating
and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may
have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please
check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or
contact the provider for any questions.
Affiliates. GamerDating may share Other Information but
never Personal Data information with its corporate affiliates, parents
- During a
Change to GamerDating’s Business. If GamerDating
engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization,
sale of some or all of GamerDating’s assets or stock, financing, public
offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a
similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities
(e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or
transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or
De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or
de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share
aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners
for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective GamerDating
customer the average amount of time spent on the platform.
- To Comply
with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may
disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in
accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal
process. GamerDating enforces the highest form of privacy protection for
its users and, where necessary, will protect user data over the demands of
governmental organizations unless pressed to do so with a genuine warrant
presented by a judge, and only after being summoned to trial and pressed
to do so. GamerDating will in no circumstances ever reveal customer
Private Data to law enforcement within any extra judicial territory
without the explicit format as outlined above or as perturbs to English
and Welsh common law in an International Court in England and Wales. No
extrajudicial demand outside of England and Wales will be enforced without
the explicit warrant of a judge from England and Wales being presented to
- To enforce
our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect
and defend the rights, property or safety of GamerDating or third parties,
including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with
investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. GamerDating
may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do
so by you only.
security of data very seriously. GamerDating works hard to protect Other
Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we
collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. GamerDating
has received internationally from the Information Commissions office in the UK:
https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA290992 (as a
private controller of personal data). Given the nature of communications and
information processing technology, GamerDating cannot guarantee that
Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our
systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by
To the extent
prohibited by applicable law, GamerDating does not allow use of our Services
and Websites by anyone younger than 18 years old and in some states 21. If you
learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal
data, please contact us and we will takes steps to delete such information.
Changes To This
standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary, or we may make
changes to our business. We will post the changes to this page and encourage
materially alter your privacy rights, GamerDating will provide additional
notice, such as via email or through the Services. If you disagree with the
Contact the Customer if you wish to request the removal of Personal Data under
Transfers And Contractual Terms
with our Data Protection Officer, please email alex@GamerDating.com.
Data Controller And Processor
law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and
“processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer
Data. In general, GamerDating is the processor of Customer Data and the
controller of Other Information. GamerDating Limited, a British company based
in London, England, is the controller and processor of Other Information and a
processor of Customer Data relating to Authorized Users.
located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have
certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any
exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to
Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information.
You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services
account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact email@example.com
for additional access and assistance. Please check https://www.GamerDating.com/account/
Customer contact information.
To the extent that
GamerDating’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data
Protection Regulation, GamerDating relies on its legitimate interests,
described above, to process your data. GamerDating may also process Other
Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes
and you have a right to object to GamerDating’s use of your Personal Data for
this purpose at any time.
applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict GamerDating’s use of
Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a
complaint with your local data protection authority or the British Data
Protection Commissioner, which is GamerDating’s lead supervisory authority in
the European Union. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and
believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our
lead supervisory authority:
123 1113 or 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510
Please also feel
or GamerDating’s practices, or if you are seeking to exercise any of your
statutory rights. You may contact us at feedback@GamerDating.com or at our mailing address below: