Homeworld Remastered Collection - V2.0
Posted By: GamerDating - June 08, 2016
Homeworld Remastered Collection, containing the legendary space RTSs turned instant classics, is now available (Steam and GoG)
Homeworld brought real-time strategy into actual 3D, creating a truly free-form tactical experience across battlefields vast in every dimension. It did so in a way that's not just manageable, but overwhelmingly fun! This engrossing space opera chronicles the struggles of an alien race, the Kushan, locked in a vicious conflict with a tyrannical empire as they make their way to the promised land.
Homeworld 2 expanded on the setting and story even further, while refining the overall gameplay and visual experience. Now the whole saga has been remastered, putting a fresh coat of paint and techno-magic over this timeless experience, so that new and veteran players alike can finally return safely to their true Homeworld. This version also includes the latest massive patch, which brings tons of radical changes to formations, ship behavior, gameplay balance, and more.
The Homeworld Remastered Collection includes both the classic and remastered editions of Homeworld & Homeworld 2 and why is this news?
So what does this mega patch include?
- Return of formations to Homeworld, and these formations will affect both Hw1 and Hw2 ships. Gearbox pretty much so recoded from scratch the ship movement codebase so ships should look better now and less bumper car in flight now.
- Real time ballistics for all weapons, this will replace the current RNG system for both Hw1 and Hw2 ships where appropriate.
- Improved ship behavior. Will now be able to toggle between aggressive, evasive and neutral stances for ships. In Aggressive ships will hold formation and focus on attack over survival. Evasive ships will break formation in order to evade enemy fire and will prioritize speed and survival over attack. While Neutral is a balance between the two.
- Bugfixing, Gearbox pretty much wen't through the old miscellaneous code and redid the codebase.
- Balance, used a bunch of modders from the forums and mod community to do community testing and establish the right balancing for multiplayer.
- Modding, brand new and improved mod tools made with the help of the hardcore mod community so hopefully we should be seeing some great mods coming out for Homeworld remastered such as Complex 10.
Check out the huge patch list here at Gearbox Software
Finally, you can now get Homeworld Remastered Collection with GamerDating 4 Month Subscription, so you can go back to nostalgia, player with that special someone, and now play with version 2, because we love you.