Luckslinger - New Indie Sidescroller Available on Steam
Posted By: Melissa - July 17, 2015
A new indie sidescoller was released on Steam yesterday and I am really feeling the heat to get my desktop working. Anyone who has seen my game collection will tell you - I <3 sidescrollers. Luckslinger touts itself as “one half [sic] inspired by the unrealistically fast gunslingers, the dark gritty humor and the greed driven anti-heroes of the spaghetti western classics. On the other half it’s inspired by vinyl digging, graffiti spraying, rhyming and the slow drums and jazzy samples of hip hop culture and sound.”
Basically, six nasty bad guys have stolen the luck charms of Clovercreek and it is up to you, aided by your awesome duck friend Duckbridge, to get them back. As you move through your missions you collect luck which helps you dodge bullets, find better loot and even save you from a jump you didn’t time quite right. The slightly terrifying thing for those who don’t usually consider themselves lucky - a lack of luck can cause catastrophes the magnitude of bridges collapsing. All and all it looks like a ton of things I personally look for in a new side scroller.: comprehensive and interesting game mechanics, a great soundtrack and puzzles that keep me challenged from one level to the next.
▪ Levels with different themes, unique elements and crazy boss characters
▪ A completely unique luck mechanic that keeps the gameplay dynamic
▪ Intense gun and knife throwing gameplay that will keep you on your toes
▪ Music to pleasure your eardrums that fit the hip hoppy atmosphere of the game
▪ A duck companion who’s always by your side
▪ One-on-one pistol quick-draw duels
▪ Converse with the nice townsfolk of Clovercreek
▪ Hidden gold bars for the extra challenge
▪ Bonus hip-hop tracks by various artists
The game was developed by Duckbridge and is available for Windows and Mac from Steam.