Starbound - Leaving Orbit with Version 1.0
Posted By: GamerDating - July 25, 2016
Starbound has been in the making for a long 5 years and we at GamerDating backed the early announcement and followed its early access releases in waves. Starbound is a 2D action, adventure, sandbox builder. Similar to Terarria and even named as it's spiritual sucessor. Starbound has come from an almost carbon copy to a self standing title.
The latest version, the launch, the big version 1.0 introduces, stories, improved planet generation and biomes, quests, dungeons, crew members, mercenaries, crafting, pets, augments and ship upgrades. Of course if you are a long time follower they assure us they've improved Multiplayer, bugs, added polish and made Starbound 1.0 a game that can proudly stand on it's own two feet.
You start the game where you have fled your home, only to find yourself lost in space with a damaged ship. Your only option is to beam down to the planet below and gather the resources you need to repair your ship. As you do so the game evolves through story, playstyle and your own adventures. Soon you'll be travelling through the planet, through space, through the universe.
Check out the beautiful launch trailer below:
You may choose to save the universe from the forces that destroyed your home, uncovering greater galactic mysteries in the process, or you may wish to forego a heroic journey entirely in favor of colonizing uncharted planets. Settle down and farm the land, become an intergalactic landlord, hop from planet to planet collecting rare creatures, or delve into dangerous dungeons and lay claim to extraordinary treasures.Discover ancient temples and modern metropolises, trees with eyes and mischievous penguins. Make use of hundreds of materials and over two thousand objects to build a sleepy secluded cabin in the woods, a medieval castle, or an underwater arcade.
Starbound has been built from the ground up to be multiplayer and easily moddable. You have the tools to make the universe your own and modify the game to suit your play style - add new races, biomes, dungeons, and quests - the possibilities are limitless.
- Choose from one of 7 playable races and customize your character
- Save the universe in a story campaign featuring unique characters, bosses, dungeons and quests!
- You're the captain of your very own starship! Decorate it, expand it and use it to explore a procedurally generated universe
- Colonize uncharted planets and collect gifts from your tenants - if they like you, they may even ask to join your ship crew!
- Three game modes - Casual (no need to eat), Survival (eat to survive/drop items on death) and Hardcore (permadeath)
- Craft thousands of objects - building materials, armor, weapons, furniture and more
- Capture unique monsters to fight alongside you
- All content is available in online drop-in/drop-out co-op
- Built from the ground up to be easily moddable. You have the tools to make the universe your own - add new races, biomes, dungeons, and quests
Will you be playing Starbound?