StarCraft and Brood War Patch 1.18 makes it Completely Free!
Posted By: GamerDating - April 19, 2017
Blizzard has hit us with a surprise Patch, Patch 1.18. The new patch has made Starcraft and Brood War now completely free complete with some compatibility fixes for Windows 8, 10, and full screen modes.
Last year, Blizzard released a sneaky patch via named 1.17 which would have been the first released patch since 2009, but it never went live, nor public. Instead now, patch 1.18 has come out, the first in 8 years which makes the entire game free.
Full patch notes are included:
- Added windowed fullscreen or windowed mode; use Alt+Enter to switch between.
- Added UTF-8 support.
- Added cursor clamping in-game while windowed; unclamped in menus.
- Added Popular Maps to streamline finding games or game types.
- Added options to display actions per minute.
- Added Observer mode.
- Added opponent information when joining a game lobby.
- Added autosaving for replays.
- Added an option to display the game timer.
- Added UPnP support.
- Updated to a new OpenGL backend.
- Improved gameplay responsiveness during multiplayer by increasing turn rate to match LAN speeds over Battle.net.
- Improved UI layout in Battle.net sections.
- Improved behavior of available lobbies within the ‘Join Game’ section.
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Improved anticheat capabilities.
- Improved installation and patching performance.
- Mac Beta support now available for 10.11 and up.
- Fixed palette issues to correct rainbow water, 80s Kerrigan face in the loading screen, and other graphic glitches.
- Fixed problems with LAN game discovery.
- Fixed IME support and other text artifacts in Battle.net menus.
- LAN and Legacy Battle.net fixes.
The patch comes with the announcement of the new remastered StarCraft BroodWars coming out soon, but if your itching to get good son, boost up the game, get that micro up to standard and enjoy some classic RTS.