XCOM 2 Announced
Posted By: Gamerdating Team - June 02, 2015
Yesterday Firaxis announced via IGN the new XCOM 2 teaser trailer, and personally, we are stoked. XCom Enemy Unknown was one of the first games I played with my partner, almost like a game date. We'd play, plan, cheer over victories and lament over the losses.
The trailer reveals that the aliens are in control of the Earth, and XCOM has gone underground to fight to overthrow their Advent government. This new guerrilla force will face more powerful enemies in unpredictable combat scenarios as they fight to turn the tables on a technologically superior enemy. Check out that cobra!
IGN First will be announcing today further information in a video with Creative Director Jake Solomon, who shared:
- Four of the five new soldier classes
- New enemies: Evolved Sectoids, snake-lady Vipers, and Advent soldiers
- Stealth-infused tactics, including using cover for concealment and looting fallen enemies and allies
- A mobile base: a flying aircraft carrier called the Avenger
- Procedurally generated maps and the technology that powers them
- Mod support, including official mod tools and Steam Workshop integration
- One-on-one multiplayer
Also news of a gameplay trailer is set to debut in two weeks. We loved XCom Enemy Unknown, so we are now offering it as a Silver Package.
Enjoy the trailer?